345879 (TYPE 6) – Bulkhead, Series 2a, October 1968 to December 1968
For identification purposes this version of the Series 2 bulkhead has the following features:
- Door Pillars with 5/16″ Acme captive nuts.
- Door Hinges secured with 5/16″ captive nuts on to nut plates.
- Ventilator Outer Panel with holes for wiper spindles and screen washer jets.
- Hinges for Ventilator Lids spot welded to the Ventilator Outer Panel.
- Quadrant type Ventilator controls.
- Parcel Shelf with holes for Flat Heater Demister Tubes.
- Grab Handle and Z-Stiffener with holes for Brake Failure Warning Lamp.
- Voltage Regulator and Fuse Box mounted direct to the Outer Ventilator Panel.
- Single wiper motor with square body fitted to LH side of glove box assembly.
- Glove Box Back Panel with trapezoid pressing to clear square wiper motor body.
- Small letterbox hole in Glove Box Back Panel for Diesel Engine Speed Hand Controller.
- Infill pieces between Glove Box Back Panel and Door Pillars.
- Spot welded Door Check tubes.
- Has holes for Steering Unit reinforcement brackets in footwell panels.
- Small Dip Switch with wiring to the side.
- Middle Panel with holes for Flat Heater.
- Middle Gusset Panel with vestigial mousehole on LH side.
- Gearbox Tunnel with hole to access Clutch Bleed Nipple.
- LH Bonnet Hinge with angled bottom and mousehole.
- RH Bonnet Hinge with angled bottom and mousehole.
- Tie Rod Brackets on engine side point inwards at angles.
Our Land-Rover Series 2a (1968) Bulkheads
These bulkheads are not mass produced or a ‘one-size-fits-all’. They are specifically built to replicate the exact look and feel of Land-Rover’s signature design; specially made to order for you in our UK factory. All of our bespoke bulkheads are surface finished in red-oxide primer as standard, with a choice of other finishes at an extra cost. No matter what quality you choose, you’ll be getting an exceptional well built bulkhead that will increase the expected life span of your Land-Rover by at least another 30 years.
Proudly Made In The UK
Our bespoke bulkheads, on average, typically take 7 working days to make in our UK factory and ready for delivery. Once complete your bulkhead will be packaged up and delivered ready to sit perfectly on your Land-Rover Series 2a chassis. Say goodbye to long lead times and quality issues. Every step of our bulkhead production is carried out in England.
Assembled on several major assembly jigs, which locate key mounting points throughout the build process.
Built to 'universal' RHD or LHD specification.
Surface finished with red-oxide, ready for the next paint process.
Ready To Fit
Made to fit exactly like the original manufacturers specification; endorsed by classic car insurers.
Ohio, United States
Land Rover Nada 6 Cylinder Bulkhead
Pegasus provided many of the parts that made the restoration possible.
Land-Rover Series 2 Bulkhead
I am a very happy bunny and a satisfied customer of Pegasus.
Chris and Linda
Late Series 1 Bulkhead
... found that everything lined up perfectly. The doors fit and close, the windscreen fits, the vent flaps and seals fit, the door seals fit - a great result!
John from New Zealand, 22nd December 2021
Land-Rover Forward Control 2B bulkhead
Just a line to let you know that the Land-Rover Forward Control 2B bulkhead arrived today ! Hoorah !! .... The crate was certainly up to the job, thank you!
Why Choose Pegasus?
Technical excellence, outstanding craftmanship and an inexhaustible supply of Land-Rover knowledge.
When you choose Pegasus, you’re choosing a passion for perfection.
Made by hand in the UK, Pegasus have completed extensive research to the point where we can identify exactly which type of bulkhead you require, based on the year and month your Land-Rover went into production.
Each part has been reverse-engineered and accurately CAD drawn, generating very precise manufacturing drawings to replicate Rover’s original specifications.
All component parts are laser cut and CNC folded. The bulkhead assembly is then authentically spot-welded, arc welded, and finally TIG welded on our purpose-made jigs using 36 alignment points.
Made in the United Kingdom
All our bulkheads are drawn, parts manufactured, assembled and surface finished with red-oxide primer, made in United Kingdom to ensure consistent quality standards.
5 Year Warranty
Our in-house quality system ensures all parts are manufactured and assembled correctly.
Made to fit exactly like the original manufacturers specification; endorsed by classic car insurers and for your extra peace of mind we offer you a 100 day return.
Fast Secure Shipping
UK shipping from only £250 and Europe £300, which includes a certified wooden crate to protect your bulkhead in transit.
For the rest of the world we offer a Worldwide Door-to-Door Delivery service. Contact Us today for a shipping quote.
Get in touch with Pegasus Bulkheads
Our technical experience always comes in useful, if you need some friendly advice contact us!